Horatio: European Psychiatric Nurses, is an organisation representing psychiatric and mental health nursing organisations within Europe. In co-operation with other organisations, projects and individuals, Horatio is an active partner in discussions that influence European mental health issues with particular reference to the viewpoint of nurses.
Objectives of Horatio
1. To promote and facilitate information about psychiatric and mental health nursing within Europe.
2. To represent the special interest of psychiatric and mental health nurses in Europe and collaborate with stake holder nursing organisations
3. To advance the art and science of psychiatric and mental health nursing within Europe.
4. To improve the recognition of psychiatric and mental health nursing within all fields of health care.
5. Contribute to effective co-operation between health professionals, organisations, institutes, agencies, charities and groups who have an interest in the care of people with mental health problems.
6. To inform the development of standards for education and continuing competence for psychiatric and mental health nurses.
7. To strengthen nurse leadership in mental health.
8. To provide conferences, congresses and continuing education opportunities for psychiatric and mental health nurses.
9. To link and network with similar national and international organisations, external to the European community